Why should native mobile advertising be part of your marketing strategy?
Think about how you use your smart phone. I use mine as a mini computer – I search for addresses and directions, I read about current events on local news sites, look at videos, listen to music. Sometimes I even make a phone call. Advertising is at every turn.
We know as marketers and consumers that businesses are constantly trying to get your attention and can often be bothersome and disruptive, unless its something that truly interests you. Mobile native advertising is less intrusive, appearing as content within the information you are already reading. Getting lucky enough to see information that you are interested in means the business trying to reach you has done their job well and has accurately pinpointed the behaviors of potential new customers. As a consumer, I appreciate that! Give me information that interests me. Don’t waste my time with information that is irrelevant to my interests.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should engage in native mobile advertising:
- More than 50% of people in the U.S. are actively using smartphones and tablets according to Mobilemarketer.com.
- 31% of users are utilizing their smartphones as their only computer.
- Distributing content on a mobile phone broadens the audience a brand reaches, increasing ROI as much as 3x over a regular old display ad.
- Location. Location. Location. It’s important to have the opportunity to be in front of your audience wherever they are. People never leave the house without their phone, keys and wallet.
- According to a recent Forbes study, 25% of executives have already purchased a product or service for their business via mobile and many used a mobile phone to research purchases of $100,000 or more.
Sending targeted messages to potential buyers at the right time and place is key to growing any business. Wherever people are searching for you, make sure you can get your message in front of the right audience.
Where can you be reached?
Please follow me on twitter @conran00